Because of our daughter’s upcoming August wedding (and thanks to many writers who submitted articles early enough), Debi and I will be mailing the planned August issue earlier than usual this time so that we can focus our energies and attention on the final planning for the big event. For a father, walking my little girl down the altar will be one of the biggest highlights of my life, and we are all so excited and counting down the days.
For your summer reading and miniature wargaming pleasure, here are some of the articles and scenarios you can look forward to in Issue #20 as the Johnny Reb Gaming Society closes out its 5th year as a non-profit organization, and our fanzine has become the leading current Civil War gaming periodical.
* Bridgehead Breakout scenario
* Valverde scenario
* Rutherford’s Farm scenario
* Prairie Grove scenario
* Biographies and custom 15mm figures of William N. Pendleton and E. Porter Alexander
* After action report – Jim Kopcak’s Civil War Commander game
* Finishing the bases of your figures
* Painting Confederate butternut (by master painter Larry Reber)
* Product reviews – new flags from Tim Harrop (Old Gunny) / new FlexRivers
* And much more…
We are accepting articles and scenarios for Issues 21 and 22, so start typing away and send those in to us over the next few weeks!